You have heard the word but never knew what it means.
A business woman sounds more corporate when an Entrepreneur is fresh and artistic.
This podcast has all you need to know about being an entrepreneur in the fashion industry in Greece. Check it out.
Fashion is all about style and uniqueness. It is all about showing who you really are without needing to talk.
Working in the fahion industry is demanding, trying to be unique and authentic, to be different than your competitors. Inspiration for new ideas can be found everywhere. In our home, in the cinema, in nature, in everyday life, in architecture and landscape and of course in fashion trends.
- When inspiration comes as a dream or an idea in your head, go write it down or draw it on a piece of paper. It’s more likely to miss a great idea if you don’t, and inspiration doesn’t come easy.
- Be unique in your designs.
- Experiment a lot before finalizing a product. Doubt yourself every time you make a choice and in the end of the day you will have a final product according to your impulse and logic.
- Avoid copying other designers or famous brands. Even if your idea looks like theirs, try to alternate it so its consistent with your style.
- Pay attention to every detail. Good customers appreciate the effort and love you put in you work. A nice packaging, a “thank you” note, after sale service and other clever thoughtful addons can make your product more appealing.
- Trust your instinct and your sense of style because people will trust you for being consistent and for knowing what you are doing.
- Keep on studying or attend seminars every now and then to master new techniques or to catch up with technology changes. Social media and digital marketing is a great example of a fast changing field that we all need to keep up with. Stay in touch with the news and bigger brands and follow their lead. They surely know better.
- Stay focused in what you are doing. Distractions can mute your inspiration and make you numb and not determined enough.